Nothing can be more annoying than acid reflux first thing in the morning!
When stomach acids and undigested food back up into the oesophagus, it causes burning, belching, bloating and other irritating symptoms.
If you are suffering from acid reflux, stay far away from berries and orange or, lemon juices.
The 10 smoothies below are easy to make, super nutritious and can ease the symptoms of acid reflux. Remember, when yo drink these smoothies to relieve acid reflux, you should sip them as slowly as possible.
1. Fresh Young Coconut and Banana Smoothie
Coconut and banana make a delightful combination in smoothies.Together they are good source of magnesium, potassium and fiber. As well as many different vitamins and minerals.
- 1 ½ cups – fresh coconut water
- 1 cup – fresh, coconut meat, chopped
- 1 – 2 bananas, chopped and frozen
- ¼ cup almond milk(optional)
- 4-5 ice cubes
- Add all ingredients in a blender and blend till it reaches a consistency you desire.
- Add a little coconut water, or almond milk if the smoothie is too thick.
2. Parsley Smoothie
This smoothie will not only provide relief from acid reflux but it can also give you energy and refreshment on a hot, summer day. This refreshing and energizing smoothie is a nice blend of parsley, mango, pear and coconut.
- ½ bunch -parsley with stems cut
- 2 small pears – cored
- 1 coconut – meat and water
- ¾ cup mango – peeled
- Add coconut water to a blender. Then throw in coconut, pear and mango.
- Finally, add the greens and blend on high speed for 30 seconds to a minute until creamy.
3. Strawberry Watermelon Smoothie
Both watermelon and certain berries can be great for treating acid reflux. This combination is delicious and truly delightful. It is rich in fiber and can help revitalize you.
- 9 cups – watermelon, cut into pieces and with seeds removed
- 12 ounces – frozen strawberries
- ¼ cup – freshly squeezed lemon juice
- First, take the watermelon pieces in a blender and blend for 30 seconds.
- Now add the strawberries and lemon juice then blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate for later.
4. Banana Ginger Smoothie
Keep those heartburn and GERD symptoms away with this smoothie. Banana is an alkaline fruit which can neutralize the acid in your body. Ginger has anti-inflammatory properties and it can provide relief from heartburn and other stomach ailments.
You can also add honey to help sweeten this smoothie. Honey is rich in probiotics and it can quell acid reflux.
- 2 cups – low-fat milk
- 2 small bananas – ripe
- 1 cup yoghurt – unsweetened
- 1 tsp ginger – peeled and grated
- 1 tbsp – honey
- ½ cup – ice
- Peel your bananas and roughly chop them. Add them into the blender.
- Add milk, yogurt, ginger, ice and blend until smooth.
- Add a tablespoon of honey and blend for a few seconds.
5. Pineapple Yogurt Smoothie
The combination of ingredients in this smoothie can help reduce your acid reflux. Plus, it is absolutely tasty!
- 1 ½ cups – pineapple, chopped
- 1 banana
- ½ cup pineapple juice or water
- ½ cup – greek yoghurt
- ½ cup – ice
- Put all the ingredients in a blender
- Blend until it reaches a nice, drinkable consistency
6. Apple Honeydew Smoothie
Get your sweet tooth craving and get rid of acid reflux symptoms with this versatile smoothie. The apple and honeydew melon work together to give you a smoothie that is better than most.
- 2 cups – honeydew melon, peeled, seeded and cut into chunks
- 4 tbsp – fresh aloe vera, skin removed
- 1 gala apple – peeled, cored and cut in half
- 1/16 tsp. lime zest
- 1 ½ cups – ice
- ¼ tsp – salt, to taste
- Add melon, apple, aloe vera, lime zest (after grating it ) and salt in a blender.
- Pulse the ingredients in a blender for a few seconds. Then blend on high.
- Stir the mixture until smooth.
7. Carrot Banana Smoothie
Carrots are rich in Vitamin A, which is good for vision and skin. Bananas are a natural antacid and it can provide relief from heartburn and reflux.
- 2 carrots
- 1 banana
- ½ cup almond milk, unsweetened
- A pinch of cinnamon
- A pinch of nutmeg
- A handful of chia seeds
- 2 tbsp coconut cream
- 1 clove
- 2 dates
- Blend almond milk, banana, spices, dates and coconut cream until smooth.
- Add the chopped carrots then blend everything until smooth and frothy.
- Finally, garnish by sprinkling chia seeds.
8. Green Smoothie
Green smoothies are very soothing when you have tummy problems. They are super healthy and can provide relief from acid reflux and GERD symptoms.
- 1/2 Head each of kale and spinach
- 1 Mango
- 1 Apple
- 1 cup – fresh strawberries
- 1 cup – greek or plain yogurt
- Honey, to taste
- Add all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Now add honey to help sweeten the smoothie.
- Add several ice cubes and blend to thicken the smoothie.
9. Beetroot and Carrot Smoothie
Alkalizing vegetables like beetroot, carrot, celery and ginger combine beautifully in this super smoothie to help battle stomach acids. Even though this smoothie is vegetable rich, it has notes of sweetness which makes it easy to savor.
- 1 small beet – peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 red apple – cored and cut into chunks
- 1cup – carrot juice
- 1 stalk of celery – cut into chunks
- 1 cup – unsweetened almond milk
- ½-inch fresh ginger – peeled
- Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Carrots and beets will take a long time to blend, so blend on high for 2-3 minutes.
10. Vegetable Anti-Heartburn Smoothie
This wonderful and healthy, anti-heartburn smoothie can work wonders against acid reflux. It is also extremely healthy and refreshing.
- A handful of – raw spinach (regular or baby spinach)
- 3 to 4 – uncooked broccoli florets
- 1 leaf of kale – fresh and without stems
- ½ of a cucumber
- 3 or 4-inch piece horseradish or a handful of regular radishes, chopped Water as needed
- ½ peeled orange to sweeten, optional
- Combine everything in a blender.
- Blend until completely smooth. Add water if needed.
- Once the desired texture is reached, stop, pour into a glass and enjoy!
If you are looking for these original smoothies, or similar styles, check out these sites: