ALDI has more than 2,000 stores in the U.S. and is one of the fastest-growing grocery chains in the country.
They have over 25,000 employees and they’re on course to become the third-largest U.S. grocer (by store count), at the end of 2022.
With positions ranging from the warehouse to different jobs at corporate, there are many career opportunities ALDI can offer.
The ALDI Interview and Hiring Process
The hiring process at ALDI is starts with an online application and phone and/or in-person interview.
Each role has slightly different requirements. The steps below outline what you might need to apply for various roles at ALDI.
- Create your online account and submit an application.
- Look for emails regarding application status. Most applicants receive a response in two weeks, or less.
- If you are chosen for an interview, one of their hiring managers will schedule a first round interview. These are usually over the phone, or in person.
- For store positions, you may have an interview with a store manager, a district manager, or both. For general positions, you could participate in two or three interviews (one-on-one or in a group).
- If you are chosen, you will receive your job offer.
- After receiving your offer, you will need to complete onboarding requirements they send you: pre-employment screenings, paperwork, and pick a start date.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do Applicants Need to Submit a High School Diploma/Transcripts/GED?
Usually, ALDI does not ask candidates to show proof of a GED, high school diploma, or transcript when applying online.
If you are applying for a District Manager role then you will need proof of a college transcript.
If ALDI hires you and you didn’t show proof of these documents, they could ask for them later on. There is no way to fully know.
How Do I Check the Status of My Application?
ALDI has and application portal where you can view your application status.
Candidates usually receive hiring updates within two weeks, but this depends on how many applications they receive for each role. If your application has an “In Progress” marker next to it, your application is under review and you will get a response shortly.
When your application is in review, you can’t follow-up with hiring managers.
How Old Do You Have to be to Work at ALDI?
Employees at ALDI need to be 18 years of age or older to work in their stores and offices.
ALDI is aware that some state laws may allow workers under the age of 18 to work in grocery stores, but ALDI requires employees to be 18 years of age or older.
Can People With Disabilities Work at ALDI?
ALDI offers accommodations for employees with disabilities. Some of these accommodations include printing, braille, and interpreting services.
If candidates need specific accommodations, they can contact HR at firstname.lastname@example.org. They can help you understand your options and get a better understanding of your situation. More information on this can be found here.
Why Does the Hiring Response Take So Long?
The hiring process can be competitive depending on the number of applications ALDI receives and the number of positions available.
Applicants that get to move forward in the hiring process will get a notification within two weeks of submitting an application online.
Also, they encourage applicants to keep an eye on their inboxes. Here they will receive important email notifications regarding their application status and next steps.
Tips for Potential Candidates
Prior to Your interview
- Do your research – Make sure you understand the employer, the job requirements, and the background of the person interviewing you.
- Arrive early – Try to arrive 10-15 minutes before your interview to allow yourself time to settle in.
- Prepare – Research common interview questions and brainstorm your answers. Prepare questions for your interviewer to show you have interest in the role. Also, be it is a good idea to bring multiple copies of your resume, and some paper with a pen to take notes.
- The Follow Up – After your interview, you should think about following up with who you spoke with. Send them a thank you emails, or handwritten notes. In your note, be sure to thank them for meeting with you and show additional interest in the role.
It’s always important to dress appropriately for a job interview. Generally, you’ll want to wear professional or business attire. For men, this might mean a suit jacket and slacks with a shirt and tie. For women, this might mean a blouse and dress pants or a dress.
Career Opportunities at ALDI
- Store Management and Staff – This field concerns working directly with the customers. The employee will be the face of ALDI and the heartbeat of the organization. Here, it’s the employee’s job to deliver value to the customers, making them want to come back time and time again.
- Warehouse and Distribution – This field involves efficient and talented warehouse teams making sure the stores are stocked with products customers want and need.
- District Managers (DM’s) – This role will be in charge of an entire ALDI district and growing a career far beyond the stores. Many of the company’s Presidents and Vice Presidents began their careers at ALDI as DM’s.
- Office – National Services and Divisional Offices are departments dedicated to keeping the entire business running smoothly.
- Information and Technology – From the new campus in Aurora, Illinois, to collaboration with the IT team in Germany, IT teams can help work on projects that deal with all parts of the company and fuel its growth.
- Internship – Internships can be for a wide variety of positions ALDI offers. They help you understand what the role may be like and give you exposure to multiple divisions within the company. You can also look into their leadership program.
If you are interested in applying for a job with ALDI, you can view all available job opportunities online. You can submit your resume for a specific position online at careers.aldi.us. To submit you resume, view the job posting you have interest in then look for a button that says “Apply Now”, or something similar.